[eduVPN-deploy] different IPs for client traffic/mgmt: one issue

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Fri Aug 21 11:28:47 CEST 2020

On 8/21/20 11:19 AM, Stefan Winter wrote:
> I initially thought that's good - it makes eno2 a pure "data plane"
> interface with VPN payload traffic. While the "control plane" of
> actually establishing the session is on the management(y) side.

This is actually something that I still need to investigate properly,
i.e. use two NICs, one for accepting VPN connections from clients, and
one for the "traffic", this might very well require solving your initial
problem as well for UDP traffic... I'd first need a test setup for this
though :)

I'm guessing [1] will come in handy here! It would be very neat to
document this scenario explicitly with two NICs...

Regards,
François

[1] https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/blob/v2/SOURCE_ROUTING.md