[eduVPN-deploy] Support for dnsDomainSearch with Linux / NetworkManager

Marc Langer marc.langer at uos.de
Tue Dec 8 17:59:50 CET 2020

Hi,

we are using a profile with the following settings:

  'dnsDomain' => 'rz.uni-osnabrueck.de',
  'dnsDomainSearch' => array(
         0 => 'net.uni-osnabrueck.de',
         1 => 'serv.uni-osnabrueck.de',
         2 => 'uni-osnabrueck.de',
       ),

This works as expected when using Windows 10 and the eduVPN Windows App.

On my Ubuntu 20.04 installation, I downloaded a .ovpn file from the
Portal and imported it in NetworkManager.  But only rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
is put in the DNS search list then. Is this a limitation of OpenVPN or
NetworkManager? Is there any possibility to get this to work?

Thanks,

Marc