[eduVPN-deploy] [2020-02-15] Package Updates

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Sat Feb 15 10:51:55 CET 2020

Hi all,

This time a bigger update! We include now a major rewrite of the
cookie/session handling library. This was necessary to be able to
support multiple parallel sessions and allow for proper support of
SameSite=None, which will be a hard requirement in the near future on
Chrome/Chromium for SAML authentication.

* vpn-user-portal: 2.2.0, 2.2.1 [1]
* vpn-lib-common: 2.1.0 [2]
* php-fkooman-secookie: 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 4.0.0 [3]

In case you are using php-saml-sp (SamlAuthentication in
/etc/vpn-user-portal/config.php) *against* our recommendation, you will
require to update your setup before the next update of vpn-user-portal
(2.3.0) to avoid breakage. A follow-up mail will be sent about this.

The Debian packages are not yet available, but as I saw that some
servers updated to 2.2.1 already it made sense to get this announcement
out. I'll reply to this message when the Debian packages become available.

Regards,
François

[1]
https://github.com/eduvpn/vpn-user-portal/blob/v2/CHANGES.md#221-2020-02-14