[eduVPN-deploy] eduVPN client routing table behaviour on MacOS

Louis Twomey louis.twomey at heanet.ie
Wed Jul 8 18:26:11 CEST 2020

Thanks Rogier, that is good to know about networkextensions.

And thanks too for the reminder about upgrading my eduVPN client, it has been on my list of things to do but I’ve been finding lots of (weak!) excuses to postpone it  for a while now :)

The O365 issue some of our users are experiencing is different to the one described on Github. Our users can successfully access O365 and open documents in the browser, but attempts to open the same documents in local MS apps fail. And this is happening on both a Windows laptop and a MacOS laptop. One user believed they fixed the problem by flushing their routing table - I suspect that flushing the table was not actually relevant at all but while looking into this I discovered the difference in behaviour between the two versions of MacOS eduVPN client.

Regards,
Louis
-------
Louis Twomey
Technical Architect
PGP key: C77D9256
HEAnet CLG, Ireland’s National Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George’s Dock, IFSC, Dublin D01 X8N7, Ireland
+353 (0)1 6609040   louis.twomey at heanet.ie  www.heanet.ie
Registered in Ireland, No. 275301.  CRA No. 20036270