[eduVPN-deploy] New script to apply changes, install updates

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Tue May 5 18:58:31 CEST 2020

Hi all,

It turns out installing updates and properly applying changes to
configuration files was *not* that easy, We're introducing a new RPM and
DEB package that contains scripts to help you with this.

The package is called "vpn-maint-scripts", you can install it with yum,
dnf and apt-get:

CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux:

	$ sudo yum install vpn-maint-scripts

Fedora:

	$ sudo dnf install vpn-maint-scripts

Debian:

	$ sudo apt install vpn-maint-scripts

For single server deployments you'll most likely use these commands the
most.

To apply changes to the /etc/vpn-server-api/config.php file:

	$ sudo vpn-maint-apply-changes

To install OS and VPN server updates and make sure everything is in
working order:

	$ sudo vpn-maint-update-system

There is more, you can find those explained in the repository README
[1], especially when you run a multi-node setup. The documentation also
contains example scripts for updating a bunch of servers at once...

I'll update the documentation repository and deploy scripts in the near
future to refer to these instead of the scripts currently part of the
documentation repository.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
François