[eduVPN-deploy] eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.x Status

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Thu Dec 30 15:40:16 CET 2021

Hi all,

We promised to deliver the eduVPN / Let's Connect! 3.x server in Q4 of
2021, but as you may have guessed we'll be a bit delayed. Hopefully not
more than a few weeks. In order to make more concrete what is still
needed I created an issue tracker with all items on it and I'll keep it
up to date so you can keep an eye on it.

     https://todo.sr.ht/~eduvpn/server

All issues tagged with 3.0 will need to be resolved before we can do the
3.0 release.

To see what will be new in eduVPN / Let's Connect! 3.x you can check the
presentation from the last "Deployers Meeting".

     https://argon.tuxed.net/fkooman/presentations/eduVPN_3.x_20211117.pdf

Regarding OS support, it is likely we will be able to support Ubuntu
Impish (21.10), the coming Ubuntu LTS (22.04) and the future Red Hat
Enterprise 9 release (CentOS Stream 9, Rocky Linux 9) as well, next to
Fedora and Debian 11. More information will be available later.

If you are willing to test 3.x on a VM running Fedora you can follow the
instructions and let us know how it goes for you, the more testers the
better :-)

     https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/blob/v3/DEPLOY_FEDORA.md

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,