[eduVPN-deploy] NDP problems using public IPv6

François Kooman fkooman at deic.dk
Tue Sep 13 14:34:34 CEST 2022

On 13.09.22 12:23, Pascal Panneels wrote:
> Hi François,

Hi Pascal,

> hmm, I'm still not convinced how it could help me.

Where do the VPN client traffic come from go to? I assume all through eth1.

So you need two default gateways, one for eth0 (the VPN server itself)
and one for eth1 for all VPN client traffic. This is only possible if
you use source/policy routing.

See the SOURCE_ROUTING.md file for how to do this manually to try it out
and see if that works.

I think ARP/NDP proxy should not be used at all, seems very much
unnecessary as this is a quite simple scenario, solvable with just routing.

Regards,
François