[ProjectSCZ-FIAM] PAM WEB SSO: SSH to resource > get presented a link > click it > browser opened > sign in at institution > signed in on SSH resource

Martin van Es martin at surfnet.nl
Wed Jul 4 12:05:19 CEST 2018

Hi,

PAM WebSSO is bound to both PAM and OpenSSH restrictions. I configured WebSSO
to be 'sufficient' authentication method.

Reading your question I just made some minor changes to speed up fall-through
if the user does not want to login using WebSSO, but it has a catch:

1. I can't differentiate between users wanting to authenticate using SAML or
publicKey/password based on username. So once enabled everybody sees the URL
challenge prompt.

2. I can't disable having to press <enter> to continue, but this is good news!
I now changed to code to fall-through to next SSH auth method (pubkey/pass) if
<enter> is hit before SAML auth has taken place. But even then the user still
has to press <enter> after SAML login to continue.

So the message I can display is confusing to say the least.

It was:

Visit https://pam.scz-vm.net/login/CprpGTLn to login
and press <enter> to continue

Before now, it didn't matter when the user pressed enter. Now it does, so I
changed it to:

Visit https://pam.scz-vm.net/login/CprpGTLn to login
or press <enter> to continue

Which invites the user to press <enter> to continue logging in using different
auth method. But, the user still needs to press <enter> after succesful SAML
login. There is no way I can nudge SSH to go on when SAML auth succeeded.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,
Martin