[ProjectSCZ-FIAM] Changes in LDAP on SBS Pilot

Harry Kodden harry.kodden at surfnet.nl
Mon Oct 7 15:50:41 CEST 2019

All,

Please be informed that we have made following adjustments on the Client Services LDAP for Science Collaborations Zone:

  1.  UID now contains a unique username value within SBS. (was IDP specific unique identifier). The formula to compose UID will probably change.
Usernames typically should not contain special characters like ‘@’ and the length for usernames is also often restricted to a certain size.
The value that we produced until now did not comply with these charactestics and that is the reason that we had to adjust.

  2.  We now provide the eduPersonPrincipalName attribute. The value will be composed as:
<user_id>@<co_short_name>.sbs.pilot.scz.lab.surf.nl where the user_id is the (global) numerical id of the user, and the co_short_name is the short name of the CO.
This attribute is added for a specifice usecase. Please do not intend to use this attribute for production purposes, we will replace this with an alternative implementation in the near future.

Kind regards,
Harry Kodden