[eduVPN-deploy] Announcing Let's Connect! / eduVPN 2.0

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Tue Apr 2 14:09:11 CEST 2019

Hi all!

Yesterday development of Let's Connect! / eduVPN 2.0 finished, or
better, we released something that will be called 2.0 from now on :-)

There are *many* changes in this release, some already mentioned in a
previous mail [1].

It won't be possibly to "just" upgrade to 2.0. It is much easier to
perform a full new installation on a clean VM than trying to upgrade. No
instructions for the upgrade are provided as of this time. If you are
interested in upgrading, please let me know.

NOTE: existing VPN configurations/certificates will no longer work and
need to be downloaded again. If the users are using the Let's Connect! /
eduVPN applications they will need to re-authorize, this will be
triggered automatically.

The documentation repository [2] was updated for the 2.0 release, and
installing from now on will automatically install 2.0.

Packages for CentOS 7 (x86_64) and Fedora 29 (x86_64) are available.
Packages for Debian 9 will be released later this week.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
François

[1] https://list.surfnet.nl/pipermail/eduvpn-deploy/2019-January/000136.html