[eduVPN-deploy] eduvpn on ubuntu 18.04: some bugs

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Thu Jun 27 16:25:23 CEST 2019

On 27.06.19 12:53, Pascal Panneels wrote:
> hi,

Hi Pascal!

> To test, I've installed eduvpn on a ubuntu 18.04 LTS server using the
> deploy_debian.sh install script.

That's cool!

> It mostly works but there are some bugs though :
>
> - the installed version of php is 7.2 under ubuntu; installing
> php-sodium causes errors as crypto libs are now included in the version
> 7.2 of php apparently; --> removing libsodium makes it work; --> not
> installing it in the script would be better;

Yeah, I think I noticed this once before, but that's a bug in Ubuntu
actually. I guess a "conflicts" or "replaces" misses in the Debian
package of php-sodium.

> - php-fpm is also version 7.2 and not 7.0 as it is set in the
> installation script;

It is not really easy to use the "system default" PHP version as far as
I know... so one has to detect this in the deploy script I guess...

https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/issues/44

https://github.com/eduvpn/vpn-user-portal/issues/135

> just my 2 cents,

Thanks for your report!

We'll be working on Debian 10 packages for the eduVPN 3.0 release, that
should also be (more) compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS I hope! We lack
resources to properly create/test/support packages on Ubuntu. If you can
help, that would be very much appreciated! Thanks already for this
contribution!

Regards,
François