[eduVPN-deploy] CentOS 8 support?

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Mon Oct 21 11:10:03 CEST 2019

On 21.10.19 10:18, Wenche Backman-Kamila wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Wenche,

> I would just like to point out that I have a customer (a university)
> in Finland that won't deploy eduVPN before there is CentOS 8
> support.

Of course it would be nice to deploy on CentOS 8. I want that too!
However, it won't be possible until somewhere in Q1-2020 if we want to
do it right, and I want to do it right. All that's missing is some
packages in EPEL we depend on that are waiting for a solution to the
AppStream EPEL problem...

The plan is to have eduVPN 2.x support both CentOS 7 and CentOS 8 and
drop CentOS 7 support in eduVPN 3.x whenever that comes...

CentOS 7 still has support until June 2024, so we have some time to wait
until stuff in EPEL gets fixed... :-)

Regards,
François

[1] https://wiki.centos.org/About/Product