[eduVPN-deploy] [ACTION REQUIRED!] Debian 9 Officially Supported

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Tue Aug 18 10:57:33 CEST 2020

Hi all,

With the announcement of Debian 10 support, we also announce that Debian
9 is now officially supported, at least until such date that we release
eduVPN / Let's Connect! 3.x and/or Debian 9 becomes EOL. So you can keep
running Debian 9 for now and in time plan a migration/upgrade to Debian 10.

The caveat for Debian 9 is that you'll have to switch to a new Debian
repository that contains the supported packages. Coincidentally this is
also the first step in migration/upgrading to Debian 10. The procedure
is described in the first section here [1]. It is very easy to migrate
to the new repository, so we recommend everyone to do this as soon as
possible in an upcoming server maintenance window, whenever that may be.
Please read the instructions carefully!

**NOTE**: the old Debian 9 repository will NOT receive updates anymore
and will be removed in a couple of months! We consider this acceptable
as previously Debian was not officially supported anyway. Us removing
the repository will not break your server, but please please move away
from the old repository.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Regards,
François

[1]
https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/blob/v2/UPGRADE_DEBIAN_9_TO_10.md#to-new-package-repository