[eduVPN-deploy] Announcing Debian 10 Support!

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Tue Aug 18 10:50:23 CEST 2020

Hi all,

The day finally arrived. We have Debian 10 support. Furthermore Debian
is now officially supported in eduVPN / Let's Connect! [1] This is both
true for Debian 9, and Debian 10. See an upcoming mail about Debian 9
support. Until now it was marked as "experimental", which didn't stop
some of you from deploying on Debian anyway ;-)

As of right now, the `deploy_debian.sh` script can be used to deploy on
Debian 9 and Debian 10, no need for any changes. See the instructions
for deploying on Debian [2].

If you are currently running Debian 9 and want to upgrade to Debian 10,
we have instructions for you [3], but please be advised that upgrading
from Debian 9 to Debian 10 is not possible by simply running one command
and will require some manual work to properly perform the upgrade,
however this is not related to eduVPN, but to Debian. I did perform a
number of upgrades myself and they always worked, but YMMV. Please make
a backup of your system/VM before attempting it (in a maintenance
window) so you can always return to your old setup and not annoy your
users too much ;-)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
François