[eduVPN-deploy] Support for dnsDomainSearch with Linux / NetworkManager

Marc Langer marc.langer at uos.de
Wed Dec 9 12:10:49 CET 2020

Hi François,

Am 08.12.20 um 20:03 schrieb François Kooman:
> In the meantime there is sort of a work around you can deploy. As I do
> not want to recommend this, how to do this is hidden in the source
> code [2] and a miracle it works at all (more or less everywhere). I
> was thinking a lot about making this the default in any case, but so
> far have decided against this and hopefully all apps can update quickly.
>
> I hope this works for you as well and we can get it fixed properly
> upstream [3] and then I can remove the dnsSuffix option.
> [2]
> https://github.com/eduvpn/vpn-server-node/blob/cd3f5d976d9de55a51b03b7b5d04d31e403d982d/src/OpenVpn.php#L367

I was using dnsSuffix before, but migrated to dnsDomain and
dnsDomainSearch because of the following message at OpenVPN startup:
WARNING: "dnsSuffix" is deprecated. Please use "dnsDomain" and
"dnsDomainSearch" instead

Now I re-added the option as outlined in the source code comment, and it
works with NetworkManager, too.

Do I have to remove the option if support is removed at the end, or will
it just be useless? I don't want to break my installation when upgrading
in the future.

Best regards,

Marc

--