[eduVPN-deploy] What is the Shib SP metadata?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jul 6 11:48:56 CEST 2020

Hi,

maybe I have one for you :-)

Now auth works, and I configured the IdP to send the
eduPersonPrincipalName to eduVPN.

With SAMLtracer, I see that this is actually happening, the relevant bit
being:

<saml:AttributeStatement> <saml:Attribute
Name="urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.1.1.6"
NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:uri" >
<saml:AttributeValue
xsi:type="xs:string">swinter at education.lu</saml:AttributeValue>
</saml:Attribute> </saml:AttributeStatement>

So this goes through to Shibboleth.

Simple-mindedly, I thought I can just change in eduVPN's config.php the
attribute from "persistent-id" to "eppn" :

  'ShibAuthentication' =>
  array (
    'userIdAttribute' => 'eppn',
  ),

but that results in an error:

    400

An error occurred.

|missing request header "eppn"|

So I guess Shibboleth doesn't pass this on by default - but I don't know
how to make it change its mind.

Any clues?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter