[eduVPN-deploy] Adding a second VPN node

Marc Langer marc.langer at uos.de
Mon May 4 14:50:31 CEST 2020

Am 03.05.20 um 13:55 schrieb François Kooman:

> Yeah, that will be a problem. That's why it is recommended [1] to use a
> different host name for each of the profiles to keep maximum flexibility
> when scaling up.
>
> What you want to do is possible! You can either use 1 "controller" with
> the portal on it and 2 "nodes" with OpenVPN on it, or have a host that
> is both portal and node. Documentation for it can be found here [2].

At the moment, I only have one profile, but I am using the same hostname
for the user portal. In my understanding, I have to use a different
hostname for the OpenVPN profile, to be able to distribute it about two
servers? But existing connections will use the old hostname until
configuration expiry (90 days in my case)?

Thanks,

Marc