[eduVPN-deploy] Adding a second VPN node

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Mon May 4 16:46:54 CEST 2020

On 5/4/20 2:50 PM, Marc Langer wrote:
> At the moment, I only have one profile, but I am using the same hostname
> for the user portal. In my understanding, I have to use a different
> hostname for the OpenVPN profile, to be able to distribute it about two
> servers? But existing connections will use the old hostname until
> configuration expiry (90 days in my case)?

That's unfortunate!

When using the eduVPN apps this should not be problem. When having
(many) users that manually download the configuration and use their own
client this will be a problem. If you want to support those, there is a
slightly different approach required, otherwise you can simply change
the hostname in the server configuration and things should keep working.

If you want to keep supporting non-eduVPN clients, let me know and we
can go through that as well. It won't be as robust, and may actually
break the eduVPN apps, as this exact scenario was never tested...

Regards,
François