[eduVPN-deploy] [2020-10-21] Package Updates

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Wed Oct 21 11:36:55 CEST 2020

Hi all,

* vpn-lib-common: 2.2.2 [1]
* vpn-user-portal: 2.3.5 [2]
* vpn-server-api: 2.2.8 [3]
* vpn-server-node: 2.2.5 [4]

It has been a while since the last update, unfortunately. So we have
lots of little changes packed in this release. See the individual
changes by following the links below.

Some highlights:

- we now support (anonymous) LDAP search in order to be able to
authenticate using any LDAP attribute instead of just the attribute that
was used as part of the DN, see updated documentation [5];
- implement configuration checking when writing OpenVPN configuration
files to make sure they are "sane";
- support DNS search domains / connection specific domain, see updated
documentation (dnsDomain, dnsDomainSearch) [6];
- support the new discovery endpoint also used by the redesigned apps

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
François

[1]