[eduVPN-deploy] eduVPN deployers' meeting - next meeting 27 May 2021 10 AM CET

Tangui Coulouarn tangui.coulouarn at deic.dk
Thu Mar 25 22:05:56 CET 2021

Hello,

Today we had our first eduVPN deployers’ meeting!

Our goal was to have a rather technical meeting aimed at people who manage eduVPN servers.

François Kooman (eduVPN server technical lead) presented what eduVPN 3 will look like and justified the choices made for this next version (see attached slides)

There were discussions about:
-                     Performance issues when on the VPN
-                     AppArmor Support vs Systemd sandboxing
-                     Usage data and logs
-                     Device authentication (pre-logging in)
-                     The end of CentOS

The next meeting will take place on 27 May at 10 AM CET. Mark your calendars and send us an email if you want to participate.

Note: we have sometimes students doing their Bachelor/Master project on subjects related to eduVPN. This has helped us solving some issues / adding nice-to-have features in the past.  So, if you are in a university where such projects could take place, please contact us!

Best regards,

Tangui

--
Tangui Coulouarn