[eduVPN-deploy] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 / AlmaLinux / Rocky Linux Support in 3.x

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Tue Jun 14 09:27:00 CEST 2022

On 10.06.22 22:21, François Kooman via eduVPN-deploy wrote:
> Open items:
> - see whether this will work as-is on RHEL9/CentOS 9/Rocky 9

A small status update.

The (new) plan is to for now only support AlmaLinux 9, as that is the
only available "el9" distribution out there you can install without
trouble. As soon as Rocky Linux 9 is there, it will be supported as well.

As far as Red Hat Enterprise 9 itself goes, that should work with either
the AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux packages. They should be identical anyway.
It is however possible to build packages against the official Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 9 packages as well, but that requires a (development)
subscription. I have one of those, but makes it "less free" for others
to build the packages.

If there's people deploying on "real" Red Hat Enterprise 9, we can
revisit this and also provide packages built against that if so desired.

> - reenable running unit tests in build stage using fkooman/put instead
> of PHPUnit

This has been integrated as well, both the Fedora and el9 builds now use
"put" to run unit tests during build and that works totally fine.

> - testing more

I noticed the vpn-maint-scripts are not all working properly on el9, at
least vpn-maint-update-system is broken, so this need to be updated still.

Regards,
François