[eduVPN-deploy] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 / AlmaLinux / Rocky Linux Support in 3.x

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Fri Jun 10 22:21:50 CEST 2022

On 08.06.22 08:18, François Kooman via eduVPN-deploy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9, and AlmaLinux 9 have been released
> (hereafter "el9") I've been looking at supporting them as well in eduVPN
> / Let's Connect! 3.x. It looks really good so far!

The initial tests went really well! I deployed on AlmaLinux 9 and it works!

You can follow the Fedora deployment instructions [1] on AlmaLinux 9,
and I guess CentOS Stream 9 as well, but haven't tested that. Instead of
using deploy_fedora.sh you use deploy_el9_dev.sh, that's the only
difference. For getting a Let's Encrypt certificate, you can also use
lets_encrypt_fedora.sh.

**NOTE**: this is using *development* packages, and this is NOT yet an
officially supported version of eduVPN 3.x on EL9.

Let me know if you are able to test this out and whether or not it works
for you. In the coming weeks/months we can make this officially
supported if it works out. More testers means faster release ;-)

Open items:
- see whether this will work as-is on RHEL9/CentOS 9/Rocky 9
- merge deploy_fedora.sh and deploy_el9_dev.sh
- reenable running unit tests in build stage using fkooman/put instead
of PHPUnit
- testing more

Regards,
François