[eduVPN-deploy] 📣 Announcing eduVPN / Let's Connect! 3.0

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Wed May 25 12:03:13 CEST 2022

Hi all,

Today we are happy to announce the availability of eduVPN / Let's
Connect! 3.0! 🥳

The major new features are support for WireGuard and High Availability
(HA) of the VPN service.

We support Debian (>= 11), Ubuntu (>= 22.04) and Fedora (>= 36) for
server deployments. We'll soon add support Red Hat Enterprise Linux (>=
9) and its derivatives when they become available.

All eduVPN / Let's Connect! clients support the 3.0 server. The eduVPN
app for Windows does not yet offer an update to 3.0 yet from existing
2.x installations. New installations of the Windows app will be 3.0.

The full release notes are available in our Git repository:

     https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/blob/v3/RELEASE_NOTES.md

They MAY be updated as time goes by, so make sure to check them (again)
before attempting to install 3.0 or upgrade to 3.0.

Most of the documentation in Git has been updated for 3.0, but there are
still a few loose ends. Bear with us while we finish this. If there is
anything you notice that has not been updated yet, let us know.

     https://github.com/eduvpn/documentation/tree/v3

Write us if you have any question or need help. We'll be happy to help!

Regards,
François