[eduVPN-deploy] Critical OpenSSL vulnerability (Ubuntu 22.04, Fedora, EL9)

François Kooman fkooman at deic.dk
Wed Nov 2 07:50:03 CET 2022

Hi all,

It turned out the vulnerability was not that "CRITICAL" after all. The
OpenSSL project wrote a blog post about it:

https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2022/11/01/email-address-overflows/

By now all operating systems that we support (and use OpenSSL 3.x) have
updated OpenSSL packages:

* Ubuntu 22.04
* Fedora
* AlmaLinux 9
* RockyLinux 9

It is still recommend to install the updates on your server (and reboot)
as soon as possible, see below.

Regards,
François