[eduVPN-deploy] Debian/Ubuntu Test Packages for eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.x Server

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Thu Apr 21 20:41:11 CEST 2022

Hello Yevhenii,

Currently during the testing stage there is no (supported) way to
upgrade to version 3.x. I will provide documentation and/or script on
how to migrate from 2.x to 3.x on Debian 11 (and Debian 11 only). It may
still require some manual changes/upgrades, especially regarding user
authentication.

Two additional points:

1. All users will have to 'reauthorize' their eduVPN/Let's Connect!
client to obtain a new configuration after upgrade, or download a new
configuration file from the portal and import it in their client;
2. When deploying eduVPN in the "Secure Internet / Guest Usage" scenario
we'll have to wait until eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.1 before those servers
can be upgraded. They also all need to be upgraded more or less at the
same time to avoid breaking the guest usage between NREN servers (too much).

Regards,
François