[eduVPN-deploy] Debian/Ubuntu Test Packages for eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.x Server

François Kooman fkooman at tuxed.net
Thu Apr 21 14:23:01 CEST 2022

Hi all,

Following the release of testing packages for eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.x
server for *Fedora* [1], now we also have them available for Debian 11
and Ubuntu 22.04. Ubuntu 22.04 will be released today (2022-04-21) by
Canonical and may have actually already been released when you read this
message.

In order to install on Debian/Ubuntu, please follow the instructions [2].

NOTE (1): these are *TESTING* packages and may have problems! Please
test them if you have the opportunity, and report anything that doesn't
work properly or that is unclear. The documentation [3] is NOT yet fully
up to date, but will be slowly updated for 3.x. Make sure you are in the
*v3* branch of the documentation repository.

NOTE (3): I tested this with a clean Debian 11 VM and configured
Shibboleth for authentication [4]

NOTE (2): we have not decided whether we will support Ubuntu officially
in eduVPN/Let's Connect! 3.x due to Canonical not officially providing
security updates for some packages we use. We cannot recommend
installing software on such a platform. More information will be
provided in the future regarding this. Perhaps we can support Ubuntu
officially, but with some restrictions.

NOTE (4): We have a list of current issues that are still open [5].

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,
François

[1]